Based on our 20 years of Manhattan real estate experience, we have compiled the best luxury buildings for celebrities and athletes in New York City. Being an A list celebrity or Professional Athlete takes a lot of hard work. While the compensation is extremely lucrative, it can become an exhausting lifestyle on both the public and personal levels. Demands from the media are extremely challenging and privacy is virtually non-existent. Many high-profile personalities live in suburban neighborhoods with seclusion and gated walls. However, some prefer to enjoy the big Cities just like everyone else and experience all that New York City has to offer.
Choosing the right location and distance from your work environment is critical. The ability to breeze in and out of Manhattan after a long day is important. If you play for the Yankees, you may need to reside on the East Side closer to Yankee Stadium. If you are the Quarterback for the New York Giants, perhaps an Apartment on the West Side near the Holland Tunnel is a better fit. And maybe you perform on Broadway and need a home several blocks from Broadway. Whichever lifestyle you desire, we have curated some of the best luxury buildings for celebrities and athletes in New York City.
Best Luxury Buildings for Celebrities & Athletes in New York City
1. 432 Park ave
This Condominium offers luxury at its finest. Not for the faint of heart or those that fear heights, this building is one of the the tallest residential towers in the Western Hemisphere.
- Built in 2015
- 96 Stories
- 125 Units
- Designed by famed Uruguayan Architect, Rafael Vinoly
- Stunning Floor to ceiling windows with expansive 10 x 10 dimensions
- Luxury Apartments feature private elevator landings, service entrances, windowed eat-in kitchens, and large master bedroom suites with two bathrooms and adjoining dressing rooms.
- Interior finishes include magnificent oak flooring, custom hardwood floors and the finest natural materials.
If you want to experience the very best of Manhattan close to Central Park, Fifth Avenue and many other iconic destinations, this building will be perfect for you. And be certain that this building knows how to deal with celebrity clientele.
2. 56 Leonard Street
Also known as the Jenga building, this luxury Condominium in prime Tribeca is an architectural marvel. Also referred to as “Houses stacked in the sky”, 56 Leonard is a contemporary vertical glass expression of sculpted surfaces, cantilevers and sparkling glass with an original Anish Kapoor sculpture at its base. Since 2016, this building has become an iconic fixture in the New York City skyline. With a cost of more than $350 Million to build, this is one of the most eye catching and prestigious addresses in all of Manhattan. Details include:
- Built in 2016
- 60 stories
- 145 Apartments
- The tallest structure in Tribeca
- Commonly referred to as luxury villas with views of Manhattan
- Each unit offers private outdoor space, high ceilings and magnificent glass window walls
Additionally, the Tribeca location offers excellent schools, restaurants and convenient access to the Holland Tunnel. If you are commuting to the outskirts or suburbs of Manhattan on a regular basis, this is an excellent location to call home.
3. 150 East 78th Street – Another One of the Best Luxury Buildings for Celebrities and Athletes in New York City
With a stunning limestone, brick and metal facade, there is no classier building than this one on the Upper East Side. One of the finest addresses in Manhattan, 150 East 78th Street, is a stones throw away from Central Park and luxury shopping on Madison Avenue. Restaurants such as Daniel, Serafinas, Sandros, JG Melon are all conveniently located in the area. And if you crave a Cigar, Club Macanudo is not far away. This is one of the best luxury buildings for celebrities and athletes in New York City. Details include:
- Built in 2021
- 16 Stories
- 25 Apartments
- Apartment layouts include half-floor and full-floor residences. Penthouses feature private terraces
- High floor Apartments offer expansive views of the Upper East Side, the Midtown skyline, and Central Park.
Without question, 150 East 78th Street offers a unique experience unlike many others on the Upper East Side. Developing a new construction project in this neighborhood is rare because there land is extremely sparse. If you are lucky enough purchase in this building you will not regret it!
4. 90 Morton Street
The West Village is one of the most charming neighborhoods in the world. The cobblestone streets mixed with quaint architecture creates a destination unmatched by many. 90 Morton Street is a new luxury Condominium offering easy access to the West Side Highway and Holland Tunnel. Originally opened as a printing factory in 1912, 90 Morton was converted to luxury Condominiums several years ago. It is a premier residence for any luxury buyer that desires to be in a modern building in an old and historic area. Project details include:
- Built in 2018
- 12 Stories
- 35 Units
- Residences vary from 2-5 bedrooms
- Apartments feature floor-to-ceiling windows
- Building interiors have been finished with luxury appliances and countertops, premium cabinetry and the purest interior air quality
Situated on the prime Upper West Side, Dahlia offers brand-new construction near many charming restaurants and historic landmarks. Whether you desire Central Park or Riverside Park, both are wonderful options to escape outdoors. With stunning views of the Hudson River, the Dahlia offers luxury units that can be called home for many years to come. Details include:
- Built in 2019
- 20 Stories
- 36 Units
- Stat of the art interior finishes with stunning appliances
- A full suite of amenities including a 5,100 square foot elevated terrace with a lounge area for adults, play structure for kids, a music room, a fitness room with a yoga studio,
Other Buildings We Love – For Best Luxury Buildings for Celebrities and Athletes in New York City
There are many wonderful building in Manhattan. A lot comes down to personal preference, lifestyle and work commute. Here are some additional buildings we strongly recommend:
- The Milan, 300 East 55th
- Armani Casa, 240 East 76th
- 5 Franklin Place
- The Lantern
- The Benson
- 310 East 53rd Street
We have worked with countless celebrities and professional Athletes throughout our career. It is important to not only select an Apartment for the short-term but the future as well. Due to the nature of the entertainment industry, our clientele is constantly moving around the Country. Finding a property that will maintain value in the event of a future sale is incredibly important. We pride ourselves on offering valuable strategic advise for this specific clientele of buyers. Please contact us below to setup a consultation and discuss your options immediately.